Friday, May 14, 2010

Next Best Thing.


After my road trip plans got cancelled, I started to think of where I could go for a quick vacation.   In the past couple years, I’ve found Miami to be my go to spot.  It is probably the only place in the continental US where I have felt instantly transported to a faraway tropical destination.  It is so close to New York and very do-able in a weekend.  I tend to go for the beach to just relax, but it’s nice to have the option to go out to a swanky South Beach hotel.
 

My favorite moments of this trip include: feeling like a jetsetter while getting picked up from my hotel by boat, ending that night in a faraway restaurant in Little Havana, swimming with schools of clear fish, Lido lemonades poolside at The Standard Hotel in Miami beach, spending hours body surfing before leaving for the airport. 

Can’t wait to go back!



No comments:

Post a Comment