Monday, February 15, 2010

small adventure in a big city


just under the bridge- a beautiful display of wanted ads

inside the local seafood market

To continue on with my whole adventure seeking dreams- I discovered how nice it is to find very local places within my own city to explore. This past Saturday, on the eve of Chinese New Year, I decided to stroll around the streets of Chinatown with a friend who kindly let me borrow his fancy camera to shoot for the day. The slushed out streets and cold temperatures quickly made it difficult for a prolonged outdoor shoot- but we were able to make our way down a couple streets I've never walked on before. Our wandering took us under the Williamsburg Bridge near E. Broadway and Eldridge. I was able to get a couple of nice shots before we made our way up to the newly opened, overrated Meatball Shop on the LES. Luckily we consoled ourselves with some Poutine, a Canadian gravy heavy french fry situation, at Pomme Frites and ended up at a not so secret speakeasy in the East Village.

Lesson learned: There is a lot to explore in the city even on the coldest of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment